Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Community and Cupcakes


At the annual Sherwood Auction (a fantastic group, serving children and adults with disabilities from birth to retirement...they also put on the magnificent fundraiser known as Dinner in the Field each summer.) I won an adorable batter bowl:



It came with a matching robin's-egg-blue spatula, cupcake liners, dishtowels, measuring spoons, and this mix from Ina Garten:



So last night, I whipped up the cupcakes, mini-style.  They are certainly a Thing of Beauty!  Now, the community angle:  The auction event resonated with community, as we were invited by dear friends, and another dear friend's father was the emcee, and the room was full of many people who are very, well, dear to me.  Today I get to pass on the spirit of loving community, when I take dinner and cupcakes to a sweet childhood friend who recently earned the title "Mother."  Love!  Who's in your community, and maybe needing a cupcake today?

No comments:

Post a Comment